Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Working remotely...

...aka working from home. I went to see my doctor last week and she wanted me to stay home for the remaining of my pregnancy. Figured the commute is stressing me too much so it's better if I'm home and be on bed rest. While I love that idea, I am sure that in a week or so I'll be bored out of my mind and I really would rather not use my maternity leave this early. I'm not due until second week of March and I'd rather use my maternity leave after I give birth. With that being said, I asked my doctor if it is okay if I work from home, and she said yes! Oh what a joy! LOL. So came Monday, I laid out my plan to my manager and we spoke to our boss (CFO) and they both agreed that I indeed can work from home. So yesterday was my "last day" and starting today I worked in the comfort of my bed! I'm so happy that they let me do it. I really don't have to be at work physically since everything I do is on a computer. They can send me everything through email and I'll still be able to function my job.

Anyway, I got a Kindle 2 last week. I've actually wanted to get it since their price drop in October but was in-between the Kindle 2 or the Nook. And since I couldn't wait until February, I choose the Kindle instead. And I love it! I've actually finished reading The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo over the weekend. I have the hardbound copy of the book but I refuse to carry it everyday since it's so heavy and the Kindle made it possible for me to go back into reading again, LOL. I started reading The Girl Who Played with Fire the other night, it's from the same author, Stieg Larsson of The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo. I'm kinda iffy bringing the Kindle with me when I'm out and about because it's so bare. I ordered a case already, but I'm still waiting for it from the mail. Hopefully I'll get it tomorrow.

I'll probably be able to blog more often now that I have "free" time.

Oh, I hope you guys had a great holidays. I did. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment