Monday, May 17, 2010

Update, update!

Wow, I don't even know where to start... I'm back to work, I've actually been here for a month now. I'm not gonna say I miss it. I planned to take 3 months off but my boss begged me to come back. My mother is taking care of Sophia, so she is in good hands. When my mother have appointments and couldn't watch her, I or her dad takes the day off. Like tomorrow, my mom couldn't watch her in the morning so I'm just gonna work half a day. It's okay, I still have some personal days I can use.

Sophie's growing up too fast. At two months she is already lifting her head. She turned 3 months last Monday and we had a little ice cream cake for her and before we were able to take pictures, she already fell asleep! She is also doing her little baby language. Coo-ings, gaaahhh sounds, and a lot of laughter - she does it all. I need to take a video of her doing that, I just keep forgetting it. She responds to everybody, usually with a smile or laugh. She's developing so fast, so perfect in our eyes.

Anyway, as much as I am so proud to be a mother, I don't want to be one of those people that all they do is talk about their kids all day. I'm sure everyone knows at least one or two like that. I'm not saying it's bad, but you'll agree that it gets kind of annoying. At some point I get irritated when everybody who sees me here in the office keeps asking me - "how's the baby?". And didn't you just asked me that yesterday? And how about these people that keeps giving you unsolicited "advices" on how to raise your child? Seriously, would I take advice on how to raise my baby from somebody who does not have any children? No offense, though - I'm just getting a little irritated. I know I'm being mean but the stuff these people tell me are sometimes are pretty discouraging. I know I shouldn't let this affect me but sometimes it just gets to you...

I think I need to get away. I'll take Sophie with me though. We need to get away. I was with relatives over the weekend and my patience was being tested. Yesterday afternoon I felt like I was a ticking time bomb. Dead ass serious. I would have gone off if I have to spend another hour with them. I love my family. And my relatives, some of them LOL because they do get on my nerves. I don't have tolerance for stupid petty jokes. "They like the drunk uncle in your family/ you know they lame, you feel ashamed, but you love 'em the same" - Dear Summer, JayZ. I was so relieved when we got home, and I didn't say anything bad to them LOL!

I think Kindle (6" Display, Global Wireless, Latest Generation) is one of the best gadget created! Oh how I love thee! I have too many books to read yet so little time. Since I have hundreds of things to do once I get home, I only read when I'm commuting to & from work. I love how light weight it is. I love how it is so easy to buy books. I finished New Moon Eclipse (The Twilight Saga) &  Eclipse (The Twilight Saga) last week, so I'm currently reading Breaking Dawn (The Twilight Saga, Book 4). Next in line is The Kite Runner then The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.

I finally uploaded some pictures on my flickr - baby shower (finally!) & Sophie's album

Hope it doesn't rain tonight, so we can take Sophie out...

No comments:

Post a Comment